We pride ourselves on offering complete turnkey solutions for the movement and reinstallation of heavy equipment, machinery and other apparatus including technical lifting, project management and electrical support. However, the day to day running of all of these services across our numerous branches requires the help and dedication of every single employee! So, we’re shining the spotlight on various members of the team in our ‘A Day in the Life of…’ series to give you some insight into the brains and brawn behind our operations.
This week we’re taking a peek at a day in the life of Dave Shaw, Senior Technical Sales Manager at our Wigan branch.
Give us an example of a typical day…
- Leave home at 6am for a 9am site visit in Birmingham to discuss the dismantling of equipment, loading to transport and exporting to Istanbul.
- Take detailed measurements and discuss the scope of works with the client and leave the site to drive back to Wigan at 11.45am.
- Stop at the Motorway services and have a sandwich and a coffee.
- Arrive back at the office about 2.45pm, load the job onto CRM, generate cost sheets, issue enquiries for various sub-contracted works and apply for credit.
- Begin working through my “to do” list from the previous day and clear as much as possible.
- Make a “to do” list for the next day.
- Leave the office about 5.30pm.
What does he enjoy about his role?
“I love the variety. I can honestly say every day is different so there is no chance at all of getting bored!”
What does he think the team at Wigan can offer to our customers?
“Our clients are usually looking for solutions to problems and without doubt, the guys at Wigan do this day in and day out because of this Wigan has many clients who use Vanguard repeatedly over the years.”
Who makes the best brew at the Wigan branch?
“Unfortunately, I think I make the best brew!”
Thank you to Dave for his time, it’s great to have insight into the daily lives of our Ainscough Industrial Services superstars!