Ainscough Industrial’s specialist division AIS Seward Wyon has considerable experience in the relocation, repair, refurbishment and modernisation of a wide range of cranes including container cranes, wheel and rail mounted and dockside cranes.
The major benefits of refurbishment include reduced costs and timescales when compared to new equipment, client involvement in selection of drives, controls motors and gearboxes in order to rationalise spare part stockholding and availability.
A Typical Refurbishment Comprises:
- Restoration of damaged and corroded structures.
- Corrosion treatment including blasting and painting.
- Replacement of access platforms.
- Testing and overhaul of mechanical and electrical components including motors, gearboxes and brake systems.
- Installation of new drives, control systems and wiring throughout, including festoon, cable reel and energy chain systems.
- Replacement of operator cab.
- Wire rope replacement.
- Rail replacement.
- Commissioning, proof load testing and certification.
In addition to our crane relocation service we can also support you with both design requirements or as a totally engineered and project managed turnkey package including:
- Crane inspection.
- Loading and discharging of vessel.
- Design, fabrication and installation of sea fastening and temporary crane strengthening.
- Deck suitability analysis and completion of additional localised strengthening.
- Final commissioning and load testing.
We are also able to offer comprehensive maintenance and service programmes for our clients.
Our support packages utilise our highly trained and experienced personnel and is backed up by complete technical engineering support to supplement your existing engineering capability.
For further details on our wide range of services please contact our team today.